That book meme.
(please excuse the lack of real content. things should be back to “normal” soon.)
Total Number of Books Owned: Too many to count.
Last Book Bought: The Five Gifts of Illness by Jill Sklar.
Last Book Read: The Five Gifts of Illness by Jill Sklar. (No, really! I bought it, then I read it!)
Five Books That Mean a Lot to You:
1. The Little House – Virginia Lee Burton (Favorite book as a child, about a little house being crowded by excessive suburban/city growth and finally moved out to the country.)
2. The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. Prodigal Summer – Barbara Kingsolver (Amazing writing.)
4. Encyclopedia of Chicago – Great resource on the best city in the world.
5. The Five Gifts of Illness – Jill Sklar (Proves that I’m not completely crazy to think how fortunate I’ve been with the changes I’ve made in my life since my type 2 diagnosis. Not just about diet and exercise, either.)
Best Five Books You Read in the Past Year:
1. The Sparrow – Mary Doria Russell (Thanks to Julia for this recommendation.)
2. The Omnivore’s Dilemma – Michael Pollan
3. Eats, Shoots & Leaves – Lynne Truss
4. Cheating Destiny: Living with Diabetes, America’s Biggest Epidemic – James S. Hirsch
5. Saving Graces – Elizabeth Edwards (LOVE HER!)
COME ON, play along!
Posted on September 20, 2007, in Meme. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
I know that I commented several months ago on somebody mentioning Prodigal Summer……maybe it was here.
Anyway, it would also be on my list. I could not get over the imagery of that sulty, hot summer on the farm – the bees, the hay, the goats. The sensual undercurrents were very powerful……oh heck, I may have to read it again.
MN> Yep, that was me. And yeah…I just adore Kingsolver’s writing style.