Meme o’ Eights.
I promise there is a real post with real content out there waiting for me to write, but until then, I must do the Meme o’ Eights, courtesy Kerri.
8 Things I’m Passionate About
- Diabetes advocacy.
- Universal health care. (Including mental health, thank you very much.)
- My darling Greggie.
- Family and friends.
- Those five ferocious felines.
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
- Visit Norwich, Norfolk, UK. (Where my darling Greggie was born in 1974.)
- Visit Macchu Picchu.
- Write and publish a book, whether the Great American Novel OR a memoir about diabetes or depression OR SOMETHING.
- To once again be able to speak German well enough to carry on long conversations in Munich or Berlin or Salzburg.
- Conquer anxiety.
- Be able to watch Braveheart without falling asleep.
- See the kitties live long and fruitful lives.
- Enjoy a classic French wine…in France.
8 Things I Say Often
- This is so f—ed up.
- This is Rachel.
- The answer is no.
- Oh yeah, by the way…
- Hey there, special girl. (which could be any of our five cats)
- Wanna play Scrabble?
- I love you. Have a good day.
8 Books I’ve Read Recently
- The Pact – Jodi Picoult
- The Best of Everything – Rona Jaffe
- Sweet Invisible Body – Lisa Roney
- The Spiral Staircase – Karen Armstrong
- The Road – Cormac McCarthy
- Dandelion Wine – Ray Bradbury
- My Cousin Rachel – Daphne duMaurier
- Tender at the Bone – Ruth Reichl
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
- Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright
- Good Enough – Sarah MacLachlan
- Watching Over Me – Iced Earth
- Nightswimming – R.E.M.
- If It Makes You Happy – Sheryl Crow
- Semi-Charmed Life – Third Eyed Blind
- Sex and Candy – Marcy Playground
- Old L.A. Tonight – Ozzy Osbourne
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends
- The ability to make me laugh…and for me to make them laugh.
- Knowing when it’s just a bad day…and when it is depression. And not being afraid to show their concern.
- Allowing me space to deal with depression, knowing that when I’m back to my “normal” self, I’ll be the friend they know well.
- Encouraging me to be my best – at work, at managing diabetes and depression, at love & marriage, even when anxiety is telling me otherwise.
- Planning great athletic endeavors together.
- Whine-fests. Yes, sometimes with alcohol involved.
- Eating good food, drinking good wine, and ignoring all the other crap.
- Being OK with me being a Chicago Bears fan.
Whoever wants to do this meme, go for it!
Posted on February 19, 2008, in Meme. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
We have a song match, Hallelujah, just different artists.
I love that you said you want to conquer your anxiety before you die, and I sincerely hope that you can. I know from experience, it’s not an easy thing to live with.
I think my German is good enough that I would be able to fake it well in Germany. I would love to go there, that’s for sure.
Jillian> :) It may take a long time, but I will be rid of it. I must be rid of it.
Chris> I didn’t do that well with German the first time around in German-speaking countries. I don’t know if it was my shyness or just not remembering the language.