A few years back, I blogged about ten things I love about autumn.
Now, after reading Lenka’s submission to the latest and greatest ChronicBabe blog carnival (entitled “Getting Through the Heart of Winter Blahs”), I feel compelled to write about ten things I love about winter.
- Snow topping the mountains and foothills, in particular the Flatirons near Boulder.
- Cozy flannel-lined jeans and warm wool socks.
- The crunch of snow under my feet as I walk briskly in the cold winter air.
- Getting caught up in a good book during a long bus commute to/from work due to poor road conditions.
- Making snow angels.
- Corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Cats sleeping near heat vents or cuddling by my side.
- Winter Olympics (it’s a shame they only happen every four years).
- Making vats of food to freeze for later consumption.
- The occasional 60-degree days that pop up out of nowhere in Denver.
“The crunch of snow under my feet as I walk briskly in the cold winter air.” — LIKE!
The crunch of snow under snowshoes…even better :)
To winter, not to your writing, pookie.
You will miss the televisions following you everywhere come spring!