1. Football. As I have already mentioned here, college or NFL, I don’t care. It’s my favorite spectator sport. And I love tossing the football around the backyard or in a touch football game, too.
2. Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday of the year. Mmm, turkey and sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie…the food fun doesn’t have to end with type 2 diabetes. Just some tweaking of recipes.
3. Halloween. Trick-or-treating viewing and decorating the house are too much fun…so what if I can’t have the candy anymore? (But I will indulge in a little dark chocolate.)
4. Fall colors. The Colorado mountains and foothills are beautiful when the colors change from green to yellow to orange. (Not to mention some areas of Wisconsin are gorgeous with the change of season from summer to fall.)
5. Cooler weather. Better than the 90-degree temperatures of summer as far as exercise goes. Long walks in the cool autumn air are relaxing compared to the sweaty summer walks.
6. Turning on the heat in the house. Even if it gives me bloody noses and stuffed up sinuses, that familiar smell of the heat first being turned on every autumn is comforting.
7. Candles. A nutmeg-scented candle will permeate our home this evening. Mmm. Pumpkin pie and
“Autumn Leaves” from Solas Candles were favorites last year.
8. New TV season. Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, My Name is Earl, and all three of the Law & Order series.
9. Wine consumption. It seems right this time of year to drink good wine and eat good food to accompany the good wine. Even during football. ;)
10. My darling husband’s birthday. October 9. This year is #32. (And yes, if you do your math correctly, we are exactly 1 1/2 years apart, with my birthday coming on April 9.)