Category Archives: Weekly Grace in Small Things
- Cats were fine while I was away and showed me how much they missed me upon my return.
- Shaving legs after a week of not doing so. (What can I say, the hotel shower was small?)
- Easiest transition back into work after vacation ever.
- Not needing to take time off work for the inevitable cold that followed travel.
- Weekend snowstorm, no messy commute – just watching the snowflakes fly from the comfort of a warm apartment.
- Love and support from all areas of my life.
- Being able to leave work and most other troubles behind for a week.
- Meeting longtime online friends offline.
- Taking more time out to read than I have in several months.
- Thrilled that I have been able to give myself one of my biggest dreams. (Now to dream something else up for next year?)
- There’s hockey to watch now that football is done another season.
- Fulfilling needs of mid-90′s nostalgia.
- The last time I had to fill the anti-anxiety medication was June, and the only reason I needed to now was to have the name on the bottle match my passport.
- Clam pizza. (It’s better than it might sound.)
- Tights. Lots of them!
- Days are passing quickly.
- Logging 200+ minutes of exercise from Sat-Fri this past week.
- Hockey is back…and so are the Avalanche.
- Breakfast food at lunch with a friend.
- Getting great advice about upcoming trip.
- Kari-cat acting like a kitten at times in spite of chronic renal failure.
- Making room for real furniture.
- Long-needed haircut.
- Successful thrifting.
- Adam Levine on SNL.
- Unloading some long-held baggage.
- Decorating a cubicle for a co-worker’s 40th birthday with an excellent reaction.
- Gathering with friends on multiple occasions this week.
- (With good beer, good wine, good food, and a new favorite restaurant.)
- Giggle fits with the six-year-old daughter of one of those good friends.
Weekly Grace, #54.
- Finding humor with co-workers in a less-than-ideal situation after a water main break.
- Getting through what looked to be a rough work week easily and without stress or anxiety.
- BLT with avocado.
- Freshly cleaned teeth by the hygienist.
- Regularly scheduled workouts.
Weekly Grace, #53.
- Going to bed at 10:30pm on New Year’s Eve with no regrets.
- An adorable photo of the twin nieces in tutus with the Chicago skyline in the background.
- Warming trend allowing for lunchtime walks.
- Favorite place for coffee near work being back open after a holiday hiatus.
- Treating myself to a movie (Silver Linings Playbook) and a wander around a bookstore.
- A quiet Christmas day with the cats.
- Thoughtful gift from sister and her family.
- A quiet few days in the office and telecommuting, getting stuff accomplished.
- Starting to prepare for London trip with a few small but key purchases.
- The Broncos are #1 seeds (a consolation prize to the Bears not getting to the playoffs, but…)
Weekly Grace, #51.
1. Work excitement and good times celebrating.
2. No weather disruptions for traveling back to Wisconsin.
3. Home cooked goodness every dinner of the visit.
4. A lovely necklace from the younger nieces and nephew…three hearts, one for each of them.
5. Bears still barely alive for playoffs.