Found this vloggy meme on a friend’s private blog…
In this vlog, I provide the answers to the following:
* Where I’m from
* Say the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting Image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Orange, Coffee, direction, naturally, aluminum and herbs
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Dude. I’m totally midwestern but refuse to say Q-pon or pop. I just can’t do it!
what a travesty.
Was watching your vlog, I’m a Type 1 from Chicago myself and went to school in central Wisconsin also UWSP, is that where you went? I lived in the south for awhile so I kind of have gotten away from saying pop. Did you call the water fountain in Wisconsin – bubbler?
No way did I ever call it a bubbler! (And yes, I went to UWSP.)
I’m going to have to do this one. My biggest difference is Pop, I’ve always said soda. I can’t believe they didn’t ask the sack/bag question, maybe I’ll add it! Oh and sneakers. LOL!
I hope you do, it was a quick-and-easy vlog to do!
How about “purse” vs “pocketbook” vs “handbag”. (I go for purse)
purse for me as well – like that one for an addition!
Oh, that’s fun! I love regional speech differences.