Seven lessons learned.
Seven things type 2 diabetes has taught me about life*:
- Just when you think you have it all figured out, a curveball might be thrown your way that changes your whole plan of action.
- The best diet is that which is easiest to follow for the long haul, not what causes the pounds to drop quickly in the short term. (And this probably involves moderation, not restriction.)
- Most PWD are owned by cats.
- Whether the temperature outside is 20 degrees or 80 degrees, even a brief walk in the sunshine will do a body good.
- Whether acute or chronic, illness can be expensive and there has to be a better way to get the care needed without going broke.
- Support can be found both online and off, for whatever ails you.
- No matter what my internal self tells me, there are plenty of people out there who think I am awesome. (Thank you.)
*On the occasion of seven years since being diagnosed on March 14, 2005…with a little influence from the other chronic conditions with which I have lived (hypothyroidism, pelvic pain, anxiety, and depression).
Posted on March 13, 2012, in Diabetes. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Seven years… Same as me…
And of course you’re awesome!
#3 could not be more true!