21 Things I’ve Never Done.
(This started with The Pioneer Woman, but I found it through Mama Kat and her weekly writing prompts.)
I am thirty-five years old and have not done the following:
- Visit Disney World.
- Watch the movie Titanic.
- Work retail.
- Seen a ballet performance other than The Nutcracker.
- Visit New Orleans.
- Read any of the Twilight series or watch any of the movies.
- Pierce any part of my body, including ears.
- Sleep in a sleeping bag in a tent under the stars.
- Read Ayn Rand.
- Attend a Chicago Bears game at Soldier Field.
- Use a Wii.
- Visit London.
- Possess a driver’s license.
- Attend an official viewing of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Cross-country skiing.
- Enjoyed prior visits to Las Vegas.
- Been arrested or cited for anything, in spite of plenty of underage drinking in a bar.
- Visit Alaska.
- Eat Baked Alaska.
- Hike Mt. Sanitas in Boulder.
- Toss aside my spirit of ’76 elephant to the trash or donation bin.
Some of these I would like to do realistically, others are just dreams, others are nightmares (#1 and #17, especially).
Posted on October 17, 2011, in Fantastic ideas, Meme. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
You’ve got me thinking; I wonder what my list of 21 things I’ve never done would look like.
Never visiting any Disney or theme park would be there, so would never been up in a hot air balloon (which I want to do); never owned a microwave oven (had an easy-bake oven when I was a kid). I think I’ll follow your example, and do the post — using the folks you mention above and your blog as pointers.
Thanks for the great idea!
PS: I don’t have a driver’s license either, but do suggest you go to a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show — the audience is as much fun as the movie! (of course, I did that many years ago when I was a much younger self, lol)
I got to use the Wii while at rehab. It was the bowling game, to practice my balance. I wasn’t quite able to stand by myself so I had to have an aide on either side of me, but I bowled over 200 a couple of times. (I think playing it so much also contributed to the wrist problems I have now….)