You don’t know me, do you?
Taking an idea from Diana and turning into a meme for me. Rather fitting as she will be one of my roommates for BlogHer ’10. And perhaps, any random BlogHer attendee might find this and either really really really want to meet me…or s/he might want to avoid me at all costs…! (And if you already have hung out with me, you may be questioning why…)
10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- I refuse to ever watch Titanic.
- I hated The Catcher in the Rye.
- I have watched Beaches over and over and over and still start crying at the same exact point every time. (When Hillary is in the library doing research on her health condition and the song “I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” starts playing.)
- It is quite likely that I experienced my first panic attack when I was six years old, though I didn’t recognize what panic attacks actually were until I was in college.
- 34 years old and I still bite my nails. And cuticles. I attribute it to my anxiety issues (see #4). Yeah, I know. SO GROSS. There are worse habits, I suppose…
- I worked a temp job at Celestial Seasonings for exactly one day, soon after I moved to Boulder. Not returning for more work had nothing to do with my ability, though I don’t think I could have ever worked there longer with the peppermint smell permeating throughout the facility. (But I did appreciate the free factory tour!)
- Heavily varied musical taste. From Green Day to Garth Brooks, from Bruce Springsteen to Bruce Dickinson, from No Doubt to Nightwish, from Bob Dylan to Marvin Gaye, etc etc.
- I sing along to the Muzak-type music playing in the grocery store.
- Heavily varied sense of humor. I like dark humor ala the Coen Brothers. I like humor intended for 12-year-old boys. And oh, how I love sarcasm. If you see me, let me tell you the joke about the retired OB/GYN who went back to school to be a mechanic.
- As I grow older, I find myself laughing exactly like my mother and exaggerating when telling stories exactly like my father. Neither bothers me one bit. (And yes, this means I’ll end up laughing rather loudly at the retired OB/GYN joke as I tell it differently than I originally heard it.)
Posted on July 26, 2010, in BlogHer '10, Meme. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
I hated Catcher in the Rye, too. I just read it about 3 years ago.
This was great!! And I feel the same way about Beaches and When A Man Loves A Woman. Always cry. Hands down.
Oh, there’s another tear-jerker…
I didn’t really like Catcher In The Rye either. I just didn’t get the fuss. I also didn’t like Wuthering Heights.
I may swipe this as my blogging ability seems to have gone right down the toilet.
I couldn’t even get through the first couple chapters of Wuthering Heights.
I have to admit it too, I am a thirty year old nail biter and it is mostly due to my anxiety. When my daily anxiety is out of control and my nails are chewed away, I might move on to the cuticles. I seemed to be more tempted when I am not focusing on anything, such as when I am watching tv. It is kind of a gross habit, but I wash my hands a lot!