Resolutions, Goals, Hopes, Whatever.
First of all, see my three diabetes goals for 2009 at Diabetes Daily. As I mention there, I will turn 33 this year, so the theme is “3″.
Besides those, I have three writing goals:
- Make all deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Write something structured every day. By structured, that means a blog post or a piece written with the help of one of my writing exercise books.
- Have a rough draft of a novel written by the end of the year.
And then, three general goals:
- Read 33 books. This shouldn’t be hard, as that’s the exact number I read in 2008.
- Participate in 3 major fitness events for charity – whether that means a 5k run, a longer walk, a stair climb, or possibly triathlon, I’m not sure.
- Visit 3 new places. This doesn’t mean having to travel far or with great expense, just somewhere I’ve never been. Thoughts so far include Manitou Springs, Colorado; Soldier Field in Chicago; Kansas City; New York City; Seattle; London along with Norwich, England (where Greg was born).
We’ll see what the year actually brings…