Monthly Archives: December 2006
Top five holiday songs.
1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland. Speaks to those who celebrate Christmas, but also to a happy new year for all. I love the movie it comes from, Meet Me in St. Louis, and I love Judy Garland’s voice. (Though today, I heard a Karen Carpenter version that impressed me.)
2. The First Noel. I am not a religious person, but I have a couple religious songs that I do indeed love. This is #1 of 2. Maybe because of It’s a Wonderful Life?
3. O Little Town of Bethelem. #2 of 2 on the religous songs.
4. O Tannenbaum. (Do you see a theme on the “O” songs?) This one I love singing in its original German. Not “O Christmas Tree” for me, thanks.
5. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. Kerri reminded me of this one. My great-grandmother adored this song when it came first made it on the scene in the last years of her life. I always think of Grandma L when I hear it.
O Come All Ye Faithful.
Allison let us all in on what song she shamelessly prefers. So, I figure, I might as well share mine. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey.