Monthly Archives: September 2006
1. One book that changed your life:
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. All the elements of a perfect novel for me – love, nature, intellect, country life. Also introduced me to my current favorite writer.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
3. One book you would want on a desert island:
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
4. One book that made you laugh:
Hard Sell by Jamie Reidy
5. One book that made you cry:
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
6. One book that you wish had been written:
How to Kill Your Biological Clock
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The DaVinci Code (and no, I still haven’t read the thing).
8. The book that you are currently reading:
Lost in the Forest – Sue Miller
Chronically Happy – Lori Hartwell
9. One book that you have been meaning to read:
The Canterbury Tales in their entirety. We read selected “tales” in my Brit Lit survey class in college, but haven’t gotten around to reading all of it. It’s on my to-read shelf.